Start Working With Us
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Current Openings (2):
Match Support Specialist (Full-Time)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County is the premier youth mentoring agency that provides youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships. We are seeking a full-time Match Support Specialist to support a caseload of "matches" between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles), ages 6 through 13. This position has the primary responsibility of monitoring the match relationship by checking-in with all parties to ensure high child safety standards as well as to promote a long-term and impactful relationship.
Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others. Must understand value of mentors and be a strong relationship builder.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Services, Human Resources, or other related field or Associates Degree with at least four years of experience
- Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations, including an understanding of child development and family dynamics
- Previous experience with child and/or adult relationship dynamics; professional familiarity with child development issues; family function/dysfunction; and interpersonal communication a plus
- The candidate selected for this position must successfully pass multi-level background checks
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums
- Proficiency in technical areas such as Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
This is a permanent, full time salaried position, a great benefit package including health and dental, flexible daytime hours, and occasional evening and weekend hours.
The position is based in our Madison, WI east side office and requires weekly travel to one School Friend mentoring site. If interested, please email your resume AND cover letter addressing your interest and experience relevant to the position to Program Director Johnna Georgia at email@example.com. No calls will be accepted.
Fund Development and Special Events Internship (Part-Time)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County is looking for a Fund Development and Special Events Intern. This intern will work closely with our Fund Development Department primarily focused on events management including logistics and securing donations for our annual Bowl for Kids' Sake events. In addition, there will be opportunities to learn about and participate in different facets of Fund Development, including donor cultivation and stewardship, donor research, and database management.
To apply, email your resume to Special Events Coordinator, Bethany Ordaz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.