Start Working With Us
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Current Openings (1):
Bilingual Match Support Specialist (Full-Time)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County is the premier youth mentoring agency that provides youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships. We are seeking a full-time Bilingual Match Support Specialist to support a caseload of "matches" between adult volunteers (Bigs) and children (Littles). The Bilingual Match Support Specialist (MSS) will work with 30-40 mentor matches of Bigs and Littles where the Littles are in High School and have Spanish-speaking parents, specifically. The work of an MSS is primarily done by phone and in person, checking in with all match parties (mentor, parent, and child) to ensure the match is safe and thriving. In addition, this position will support three local schools that have higher LatinX populations through our School Friends program. Each site has between 10 and 20 matches that meet in this supervised, once-a-week program.
Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences (or related field) required or be within 6 months of degree completion.
- Associate's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in related fields such as social work, counseling, social services, or child development.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) required
- Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations, including an understanding of child development and family dynamics
- Previous experience with child and/or adult relationship dynamics; professional familiarity with child development issues; family function/dysfunction; and interpersonal communication a plus
- The candidate selected for this position must successfully pass a background check
- Must have a car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
- Proficiency in technical areas such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
- Ability to work evening and occasional weekend hours
This is a permanent, full-time, non-exempt position. Salary range is $32,000-$35,000 depending on experience. We offer a great benefit package including health and dental, long-term and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with match, holiday pay, generous PTO, and flexible daytime hours.
The position is based in our Madison, WI east side office and requires weekly travel to three School Friend mentoring sites.
To Apply: Please email your resume AND cover letter addressing your interest and experience relevant to the position to Johnna Georgia, Program Director at email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: August 31, 2018