THE LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES
LINKS TO RESOURCES
- CDC Recommendations
- Governor's Safer At Home Health Order
- Resumen bilingüe (íngles/español) de la orden, Más Segura en Casa, que emitió ayer el gobernador de Wisconsin, Tony Evers
- Dane County COVID-19 Dashboard
- Comprehensive Resource Guide
- Food Resources
- Madison School District
- Sun Prairie School District
- Verona School District
- Middleton Area Cross Plains School District
- DeForest Area
- Dane County, Verona Area (Badger Prairie Needs Network)
- SSM Health Meals on Wheels
- Goodman Community Center
- Lussier Community Education Center Food Pantry
- Children Who Receive Free or Reduced Price Meals Through Their School Will Receive Food Benefits. Additional information can be found in this Wisconsin Department of Health Services bulletin: https://content.
- Childcare Resources
- Unemployment Resources
- Department of Workforce Development Public Information
- Unemployment Information, English
- Información de Desempleo
- Phone Assistance for Unemployment / Asistencia Telefónica para el Desempleo
- Tip fund for Unemployed Workers who Depend on Tips / Fondo de propinas para trabajadores desempleados que dependen de propinas
- Jobs at Kroger / Oportunidades de trabajo en la tienda de comestibles de Kroger
- Jobs at Festival Foods in Verona Interview Signups / Oportunidades de trabajo en la tienda de comestibles de Festival Foods en Verona
- Jobs at Festival Foods / Oportunidades de trabajo en la tienda de comestibles de Festival Foods
- Urban League Employment Services
- Educational Resources
- Caregiver Guide to Handling Coronavirus Stress on Children
- Free Internet
- Kennedy School Digital Learning Resources
- 16 Social-Emotional Learning Activities
- Streaming the Met Opera
- Scholastic Activities for Pre K - K
- Educational Games for Kids
- Educational Activities for Kids
- ABC Mouse Free Account: Redeem Code SCHOOL7771
- Games to Fight Boredom
- Boredom Busters
- Joy Novack Rosson comprehensive educational links
- Education and Art Resources
- Self-Care Resources
- Virtual Relationship Resources
- Mentoring.org E-Mentoring Guide
- Virtual Match Activity Recommendations
- Battleship Online
- Lichess Online
- Speed Sudoku
- Cube Slam
- 8 Ball
- Explore Paris Museum
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Connection in a time of Social Distancing Article by Mentoring.Org
- Fitness Class through YMCA Online (free)
- Would you Rather for Kids
- Live Monterey Bay Cams
- San Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Overture Center online webinar ClearCut-Wages of Dominion that accompanies an exhibit about destruction of forests.
- Overture Kids in the Rotunda Facebook page
- First Tee At Home
- Mental Health Resources
- How to Get Involved During the Crisis
A Message from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County CEO
March 17, 2020 -- The past couple of days have brought challenges for all of us, across the country and right here in Dane County. Yet as I learn more than I ever imagined about pandemic protocols and terms like social distancing -- I have never been more proud to be part of the talented team at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Dane County, and part of this supportive community.
Over the next few months, this agency—much like many nonprofits here and across the country—will be faced with tough decisions. But, with unique problems, we have the opportunity to craft unique approaches, to innovate. For example, starting this week and for the first time ever, BBBS will interview volunteers and lead orientations via videoconferencing. How cool is that?!
Perhaps most importantly, our Match Support Specialists will continue to serve as a hub for hundreds of families—providing resources for those who may be affected by the loss of income, food insecurity, lack of healthcare, and anxiety due to the uncertainties related to COVID-19.
Now more than ever, the mission and the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters is relevant and urgent. As we all consciously move into isolation for the health and well-being of the collective, we find ourselves calling upon our community for support and security. We rely on our closest friends and families to get the help we need. So for the Littles and families in our program, the trusting and personal relationship they have with their Big will be vital as we work to check in on their well-being, offer support, and direct them to critical resources.
As our agency continues to navigate the challenges we anticipate (and many we haven’t yet anticipated) in the coming months, I want to reassure you that BBBS will be guided by a purpose and a plan:
- If you’re a donor, know that your funds will be used responsibly as we continue to serve hundreds of youth and their families during this time of need.
- If you’re an event registrant, we’ll prioritize your safety, and we will keep you up to speed on the latest developments on Bowl for Kids’ Sake and other events.
- If you’re a mentor, we’ll provide resources for your Little and his/her/their family, as well as information to help you stay connected during this time of limited social interactions.
- If you’re in the process of becoming a mentor—though we’ve put a temporary halt on Match meetings, we’ll continue providing orientations, processing applications, and conducting background checks.
- If you or someone you know is in need of resources in our community such as access to food, educational resources, etc., please see above the links and resources provided. Our team will be updating it as often as possible with relevant information.
Finally, I want to say thank you. Thank you for believing in us. Thank you for believing in the kids we serve. And thank you for standing beside us for the last fifty plus years, and especially now—as we face the challenges ahead.
P.S. If you would like to make a donation to sustain BBBS’s work in our community, please visit https://www.bbbsmadison.org/give-2/donate/.